You are a self-starting, strong developer who excels in collaborative environments. You can use a variety of dynamic languages, tools, and frameworks to work on our industry leading products. You can be a part of a small, focused team working on adding features to existing applications, helping architect and design new feature set, as well as building and monitoring our production services.
You are passionate about clean code architecture and software craftsmanship, with good oral and written communication skills. You have the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, with patience and strong attention to detail.
Thrive’s mission is to provide amazing services to people at all stages of their career. Career wellness is about more than just getting your next job, or even your next promotion. We deeply care about our users’ career paths and work to ensure they have access to great tools to help them Thrive.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Be part of a Full-Stack feature teams
- Design, architect, and ship features often
- Participate and be involved in product development meetings
- Participate in 15 minute standup meetings each day before lunch
- Other tasks and duties as needed
Skills and Experience We’re Looking for:
- 5+ years of development experience
- Experience with backend API development (Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Django,
- Phoenix, or Node)
- Experience with Git and GitHub or similar
- A strong grasp and experience with relational databases: Postgres or MySQL
- Comfortable working in the terminal
- Proficiency within an editor of your choice
- Experience with testing frameworks such as RSpec, Jest, QUnit, pytest or equivalent
- Consuming third party API’s like Google Maps/Places, Meetup, Twilio, etc.
Ideal Technical Experience:
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- 1+ years of experience with Ember.js
- Experience building production Ember.js applications
- Experience building production Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience mentoring, leading, or training other team members
- Experience testing with RSpec, Mirage, & QUnit
- Experience with cloud platforms: Heroku, AWS
Life at Thrive:
- Fast paced, high trust environment
- Strong opportunity for career progression and mentoring others
- Health Insurance & Wellness Coverage
- Learning & Development, Wellness, and Workspace Allowance
At Thrive we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please let us know.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
$95,000.00 - $125,000.00